Wednesday 14 May 2008

TT Week 3 - MBAT Rugby

When I got admission into Oxford, I decided to try two sports. Rowing and Rugby. Well Rowing schedule was very weird and couldn't make it. But I was practicing Rugby regularly. To tell the truth, compared to people playing competitive Rugby all the time, I am very incompetent. But otherwise considering I never played before, I am ok.

So finally I was in Oxford Rugby team for MBAT (www.mbat.org) where top B schools in EU competed for sports. We did damn good. In first round we washed out LBS (London Business School) team B and INSEAD. Those poor kids are still rehabilitating from their injuries. In Semi we made ESADE bleed. Final was with LBS and was very competitive. Still great performances from my team and great show. We won and we won the gold.

So we are official MBA Rugby world champions :)

See the medal



Didn't play and won sports since school. I used to play Kabaddi in school and I could say I was good. No way for sports in 11 / 12. Then for engineering, I wasn't interested in Cricket and lack of power games didn't motivate me to participate in games like Volleyball. And again due to Students' Council, time was another problem. So feel really great about this. One thing less from the to do list.

See the pics of match. To find me, you have to look carefully in the snaps... but I am there and I really played :)....

MBAT Rugby


I will upload the pics and update of Paris trip soon.

No comments: