Wednesday 6 February 2008

MT Week 5

Hello all... and welcome back after Diwali.

Sorry for a one day delay in the mail....

Week 5 started casually. I was thinking that I am managing the time well. I even had few spare time as well. We had three assignments due this week. But our group planned everything so well that we were able to finish all of them ahead of time. Two out of three assignments were supposed to be done by three people instead of our normal six people group. So we split our group into two. In my sub-group, all three of us were Indian. One was IITian and other was IIM grad. So no worries for me . But all of sudden things started to slip out of hand. On Thursday I realized that I have many things pending but it was already late.
The major things I had to do were as below:
- Complete individual DEM (Developing Effective Managers) assignment due on coming Wednesday
- prepare cover letter and CV and apply to Diamond Management and Technology consulting company
- prepare for coming FR (Financial Reporting) exam which is tomorrow.
- prepare for Diwali function at SBS on Saturday.
- prepare for Finance I with the help of a friend.
- Work on FR assignment and prepare for the group meeting on Wednesday
- pre-readings for the class

- I worked little for Diwali. The function was OK. But I am feeling low since few days. So didn’t enjoy that much. I have some regular snaps but I will spare you from viewing them as they are our normal MBA snaps in traditional dresses.
- I spend most of the Saturday preparing the cover letter and resume and get it reviewed from couple of friends and finally send the application today. Bdw today was the deadline to apply. Made it just in time.
- I read all the material for DEM and created a draft. But still have to finalize the document – 5 hours of work left
- I am so lost in FR. All accounting stuff. I had a feeling that I understood things in class. But now that I am looking at past year exam paper, I am not able to solve more than 20% questions. Another accountant friend had promised me to explain the concepts today. But I have a feeling that she won’t turn up and I will be doomed. – 8 hours of work
- The Finance I expert friend got very busy to explain anything to me. So that is still pending. May be this Saturday
- Still have to prepare for FR assignment – 8 hours of work
- Couldn’t read anything for today’s class. So I BUNKED IT. Feeling so bad. And there is possibility that I will bunk one of the two classes tomorrow. But still pre-reading for at least one class – 4 hours of work.

So looks like I have to do 23 hours of work in coming 16 or so hours and I am spending time in writing mail to you guys. So shameful of me. I should better go back to work....
Ohh... I feel that I was born in this library and never went out to see the world outside....Anyways....

Hope you guys had fun during Diwali. Great to go back to work isn’t it 
So enjoy guys... don’t worry about me.... I will probably survive.....

If I do, see you next week....

PS: The only good thing happened was few of my relatives gathered at Manchester this week end for Diwali. They all felt that I am alone here so they should help me and they send me three packs of Diwali sweets and Namkeen... .At least something good to enjoy....

No comments: