Wednesday 6 February 2008

MT Week 8

Hello Guys,

How are you people doing?

Study Group

This was really happening week for me. Most of all it was the end of first term lectures and assignments. We submitted a big assignment on Monday and that was the dissolution of my study group. It was a group of very talented people who already have achieved many things in their life and I was glad I was there. Though the chemistry was not perfect and we had few tense situation we did pretty good compared to most of the groups. Many groups were meeting almost every other day and working hard on assignments while our effective time management allowed us to meet only for 2 hours for regular assignments and about 6 hours for two big ones. And we distributed things effectively so everyone didn’t end up doing the same thing. I kindda liked the way we worked. I wish we would have less diplomatic, more considerate and more funnier. But all said and done, it was good group.
Here are some snaps of my group.

Study Group


Last lectures

And then we attended all the last lectures. We won’t see most of these professors again. It was just amazing term and amazing professors. Friday was especially hard. We had lecture of Finance taken by Alex. If you remember from my last mails, Alex is the most handsome guys most of the people ever see face to face. And he dress like Bond. And with his German wit he is hot spot in MBA class. Most of the girls in my class have crush on him. All the girls wanted to take a photograph with him. But somehow he escaped from that and guys in the class helped him. Apparently all the cameras were owned by guys and they said they will take the picture during the next session. I literally herd sound of the heart breaking of 21% of the class (we have 21% girls in MBA).
The next lecture was by James. Again if you can remember, James was the actor, most funniest, stylish, typical English person with English sense of humour. I would really miss his teaching style. He is indisputably most engaging teacher I ever had.

Friday eve

I started studying on Monday only after the assignment unlike most of the people. Me and my study partner Sabina generally stay in college until it shuts down. On Thirsday we were almost locked in a seminar room as we didn’t notice it already is 2300. The seminar rooms doors gets locked at 2300. Somehow we escaped. Anyways the point was we were working hard throughout the week. So I decided not to study on Friday eve. I spend some time at Friday happy hour where all drinks, cocktails, mocktails were free as it was last happy hour of the term. Some people really enjoy this happy hour. But somehow I don’t enjoy it that much. You need to be able to talk on any random subject with any random person. This is what they call networking in MBA. And many people do that. I can’t for two reasons. I get bored talking foolishly on random subject after a while. I mean I can’t hear an American whining about British bureaucracy or a German about how he got drunk and wasted of an Indian about his days in US. And second I can’t talk to random people just for the sake of talking. I recently discovered that I need to know the person before start chattering with him. I came to know a lot of suchlike things about me during MBA. Will talk about the something later. So After Happy Hour went to watch a movie Beuvolf. Nice animated movie that refreshed mind little bit.

Week end and next week

Studying all week end. Thought getting up very late. Played hard and nice rugby today. It was a good break. But tried to solve couple of past exam papers of Finance and FR and it was disaster. April once again spent some time this week to explain me Financial Reporting. But looks like I am still not very good at it. So AparentlyWe both failed in both the papers. So it seems that it is now time for the serious study.

Next week is preparation week. We don’t have classes as this is the time given for exam preparation. No plans throughout the week except I am planning to go to the Opera ‘Carmen’ at Chirst Church on Friday as a break. I might not send mail next Sunday as I could be preparing for exams. The exams are from next Monday to Thursday.

I hope I will do good in exams. But your ‘All the best’ mails could help J

Epilogue

I was thinking of writing summary of the term and my overall feeling. But I guess I will do that some time in the vacation. Meanwhile if anyone of you is going to be in UK / Europe during Christmas the please let me know. We could meet and hang out.

So guys, thanks for reading my mails (may be not always, but at least no one replied asking me to stop spamming their mailboxes). This was the good term and good time. Although I failed at many things I should have done better, I guess overall it was good. May be I will be more mature, smart and polished next term to take maximum out of it.

No comments: