Thursday 26 June 2008

Officially Not-Young

My 'Official' birth date is 25th June 1982. So yesterday I turned 26 officially. In other words, I am officially 'not-young' any more. I am not eligible for Young Person's Railcard, or discounted tickets for metro or free entry to Luvre or many more. Ironically My first two days of not being young were spent in writing what could be the last exam of my life. Today I am done with exams. Finishing exams for lifetime, I guess, would be the good momento to mark the entry into 'mature' (or whatever is the good word for not-young) life. So far it was an ordinary journey with just couple of exciting stations. But can't complain. I think I am pretty much on schedule with my wish list and almost have done whatever I wanted to as a young person. And It has just started getting exciting. With last couple of twists and twirls and anticipated fight for job (and may be for marriage (not to do it but to avoid it :) )) I am sure next quarter will be far more interesting.

Now that we are speaking of numbers, here is another one. There are mere 250 Indians in Oxford out of 20,000 students. Now there will be few who are Indian origin but holds different passport. Nonetheless this number is far less that I had thought of. I mean this is just 1% of overall population. And I don't believe Indians or Chinese could be just 1% of overall population of anything (may be except Rugby, Basketball and such sort of 'local' sports). There are more than 1000 Americans here, about 650 Chinese. But only 250 Indians. Strange!!!

Anyways. Now that Exams are done, I have had luxury of sleeping in the afternoon, My buddy and TT partner Harsh is going back to India in 15 mins, I guess I will have nothing else to do over the week end but to work on the 4000 words retailing assignment of which I haven't have thought of even the topic.

So about to start my first assignment as a officially not-young person....See ya kids around.....

No comments: