Sunday 1 June 2008

TT Week 6

It was a transformational week. Many things changed in this week.

Strange Change

Very first and unexpected change was the behavior of people. Being private matter, won't discuss it on blog... but this substantial change in relationship with some good friends... both positive and negative change.... had major impact on my thinking and my perspective to look at the overall program and life thereafter.

A big blow

I couldn't make it to any of the Strategic Consulting Project.


There were total 40+ projects and less number of teams. So statistically, more than one project per team. But large number of projects couldn't attract any of the teams. So core interest was in about 15 projects. I was counting on IBM internship (which I lost eventually) and hence didn't formed a team beforehand. Later on it was late as most of the good people had already teams and I had great difficulty in finding team. Finally we formed team just 20 hours before the deadline and we prepared cover letters in just 5 hours. Again one of the team member had to pull out and we found another team member. Some more things like that. We bid for 7 projects. Eventually two of them withdrew, of remaining 5 we were interviewed by one. But at the end we couldn't make it.

Frankly speaking, our team wasn't very best formation. And couple of calls were given based on CV and cover letter that we formed just in 5 hours and hence were not of a very high quality. But I don't like to give excuses for loosing. So the fact is that we weren't competitive enough and we lost. This is very hard to digest. I couldn't manage to come out of it even after 48 hours. I know it is not end of the world and all the other positive arguments from other side. But when you lose, thatz what it means....you lose.

Apart from whining about it, there are some real problems ahead now. Those who can't get SCP and internship have to choose summer electives. The ones that I could choose are starting at the end of August. So when other MBAs are doing cool internships and SCP all around the world with nice companies, I am most likely to... I don't know what I am going to do then. I might go to India for about a week and come back for job search. But job search every day won't take more than 5 hours. Don't know what to do after that. Anyways..............

Sylvester Awards

SBS has something called as Sylvester Awards. A ceremony to appreciate / comment / pull legs of MBAs. There are some good awards like sportsman of the class, while most of them are really naughty like the person who ask most riduculous questions in class or sleeping beauty of the class. Most of them are very funny. And the event was organized very nicely. Kindda flashback of whole year and the fun we had. So overall it was a great event. But this event made everyone realise that the end is near. Only two weeks of classes are left. Then everyone (except the fallen ones like me) will travel all around the world for in summer work or vacation. We will meet again for 2 weeks in September and thatz it. People have started to talk about 'the end' and 'departure' and stuff. Not very pleasant subject to talk about.


I know its really whiny post and the situation might not be dire as it seems (or it might really be)... But thought I will write it whatsoever.....

Cooking

Anyway.... to change the mood... find some snaps of Indian lunch I cooked for my Asian friends on Saturday... the menu was Peshawari nan, mutter paneer, rice and my patent receipe dish of spicy coconut pulao... I blew it up... it was stuff too hot for my friends and I guess taste wasn't that good. But the nice people said they liked it....




Incheon and Jenny advertising for the food....

Sorry guys, couldn't get rest of the snaps by this time. Will update it in a day or two.

No comments: